Re: output to dbf

From: bob sullivan <bsullivn_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/05/09

Big Bear wrote:
> can anyone tell me if its possible to generate a dbf (eg, foxpro/dbase)
> file from developer (report, forms or pl/sql). if so could you pls let
> me know how to do it.

This is kind of a roundabout way of doing it, but I know it'll work, because I've had to do it before. :)

If you're using PL/SQL, use your favorite method to get a quote-and- comma-delimited file (in SQL*Plus, set serveroutput on and do a dbms_output.put_line with the columns you want, concatenated together with quotes and commas between each column; spool the output). Import the text file into an MS Access table then save the table as a .DBF file. (You're supposed to be able to do it with Excel, also, but I've never been able to get a .DBF file with Excel that I could view with Clipper utilities, such as DBX or DBU.)

hth,
~bob Received on Tue May 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message