Life after Developer 1.3.2?

From: Bjorn Widenfors <bjorn.widenfors_at_telia.com>
Date: 2000/05/07

[Quoted] Hi all!

I would be really happy about any advice regarding the following:

We have built a client/server solution for one of our customers, and we used Developer/2000 1.3.2 (base release) and Oracle Server 7.3.4. The system has been in production for about a year now.

Now we have just upgraded the database to 8.0.5, and it´s time to think about what to do with the client-side (that´s starting to feel a little bit old).

As I understand it we have three ways to go:

  • Continue with Developer 1.3.2 + patches (up to 1.6.1?).
  • Upgrade to Developer 2.1
  • Upgrade to Developer 6.0

Which way would you recommend? Have you done anything similar? Any experiences converting Forms 4.5 to 6.0? Any ideas about the best way of upgrading the Oracle Developer run-time installations in the client workstations (about 100 PC:s)?

Thanks for your help!

Bjorn Widenfors
bjorn.widenfors_at_telia.com Received on Sun May 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message