Re: minimum hardware requirement

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/07

Zhongming Mou <datou_at_home.com> schreef in berichtnieuws TxkR4.210088$Dv1.2681752_at_news1.rdc1.bc.home.com...
> Howdy:
> I'm gonna setup a oracle box on linux just for testing some code,
> nobody but me is going to generate any work load for it, do I still have
> get 128M of RAM? Sounds a little rediculous to me. By the way, the linux
 box
> will also have apache running with PHP module, I guess they both require
> shared memory, would that be a problem?
>
> Thanks.

Yes you definitely need that 128M. You can try less, but you will regret it. Oracle alone requires 128M, if the _same_ box is also to be used as web server, you will definitely need it (and personally I won't like to have a webserver and a database server on one box, as you should never use a system as database server and fileserver)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun May 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message