Re: Designer/2000 - Help! ... Cannot create Application System

From: <private_comm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/06

After spending a whole Saturday night (sad), I have finally found the solution. If you are using Designer (any version) with 8.1.6 you need to set the large_pool_size parameter in init.ora and not shared_pool_size as stated in the manual.

If you are experiencing this problem with anything before 8.1.6 you probably would need to increase the shared_pool_size.

By the way Oracle didn't come back with an solution. It amazes me that Oracle can charge so much for support when they don't provide any. This is third TAR that we have to solve ourselves. That is three out four in two years.

PC

In article <8cl6mm$3s3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   private_comm_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem but my system is 8.1.6 on NT4SP6. I
> have exactly the same error messages and I've checked for all the
> obvious. I have a TAR with supprt and will post the soloution when
> they they come back to me.
>
> PC
>
> In article <8ckqil$lvm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> tomvamos_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Yep ... I followed all the 'repos_owner' instructions very
 specifically.

> > In article <8ckl81$fra$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > derwin_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > You did do the sys grants to DBMS_PIPE and DBMS_LOCKS right? Those
> > > are a must.

 privileges
 the
 then
 check

 rmmes.getall(:errutil,:errcode,

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat May 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message