DBI-Oraperl Problem with empty Result Sets

From: Thomas Gross <tgross_at_rhrk.uni-kl.de>
Date: 2000/05/04

Hi everyone,

i'm having a problem with oraperl. I'm using the current DBI and DBD-Oraperl from CPAN. I have tested this with perl-5.0005 and perl5.6. Both from HP-UX and Linux as a client machine. The Oracle Database Server is Oracle 7.x running on HP-UX. Oh yes DBD-Oraperl is linked against an Oracle 8 Client installation on both clients.

There is a Problem fetching data from an Oracle 7 Database.

I can connect to the Database und start a query. The query is parsed by the Database. I'm sure of this because i get the right error messges if there is something wrong with the query.

[Quoted] The Problem is that i only get empty result sets. There are no rows to fetch. If i try the very same query with sqlplus i get the correct results. Perhaps this is because i'm tryring to fetch data vom a view combinig several tables. I have another Oracle 7 Database running on a different host which work normal. But there i'm fetching from regular tables.

Anybody has had this problem before. Any suggestions?

Could you please answer per email to tgross_at_rhrk.uni-kl.de in addition to posting here? I sometimes have a hard time getting the newsgroups.

 Thanks
   Thomas Received on Thu May 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message