Oracle ODBC Driver Latency

From: <throckmorton_at_tessco.com>
Date: 2000/05/04

I am trying to use the Oracle ODBC Driver version 8.00.05.00 to facilitate connection to Oracle synonym tables on an Oracle 7 database.

The application using the connection is an .asp page, which is served by IIS.

The connection produces accurate query responses, but when the data is changed via Oracle Forms, subsequent re-queries (up to 1 minute) produce the original values, not the changed values.

After a wait for some variable time, the new data appears to the requery.

When the same query is performed using MS Query, no latency is observed.

I suspect there is caching involved somewhere, but am unable to determine where and how to make the re-queries reflect the updated information.

I am currently using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver version 2.573.2927.00 with success in the IIS environment (with no latency), but would prefer to use the Oracle driver if possible.

Any help or comments on this situation would be appreciated.

Thomas Throckmorton
TESSCO Technologies, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message