Re: PL/SQL Source Control Software

From: <yitbsal_at_statcan.ca>
Date: 2000/05/03

In article <390F1209.A30CA9BD_at_planet.nl>,   Jeroen van Veldhuizen <Jeroenvv_at_planet.nl> wrote:

> yitbsal_at_statcan.ca wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have developed a large library of PL/SQL packages and would like
> > implement some sort of source control. I'd like to get an idea of
 what
> > software packages people are using for source control.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Salaam Yitbarek
>
> This would probably depend on whether you are on unix or not. At our
> company, we are using PVCS. For text files this is OK, but for larger
> binary objects (plls, forms) this will become quite slow once you get
> multiple revisions. But all the necessary features are there:
> - revision control
> - version labelling
> - organising your files in project folders
> - promotion groups

Our database server is on Unix, and our developers are on Windows. I am unclear about where we would put the repository. Is it possible to have it in the Oracle database? Or does it end up being simply text files on the server?

Salaam Yitbarek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message