Re: PL/SQL Source Control Software

From: Jim Glockling <jglockli_at_bbn.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

In article <8emnsd$1va$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com> yitbsal_at_statcan.ca writes:

>We have developed a large library of PL/SQL packages and would like to
>implement some sort of source control. I'd like to get an idea of what
>software packages people are using for source control.

We use CVS here. Works fine, particularly where there are multiple developers working on the same source simulataneously. The price is right - free - and it works on UNIX and NT. There are GUI frontends for the WINTEL world, emacs extensions for everyone.

There's a little bit of MS Visual Source Safe in use here too. Also fine, but it is expensive, seemed to me like it was on the order of several hundred dollars per client.

-Jim G. Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message