Creating Job (or scheduling of SQL scripts)

From: lorax <dpeel_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

[Quoted] Hey all,

I'm trying to schedule a SQL script to run at a regular interval (1/2 hour). [Quoted] I am using the OEM (Oracle 8.1.5, OEM version 2.04) to create a job to perform this task. I can create a job, but, no matter what I use for the [Quoted] SQL script, the job shows completed without errors, but, the script does not [Quoted] run. (I can type complete nonsense in for the script and still show job [Quoted] complete without errors) The documentation suggests adding a line such as [Quoted] "whenever sql error" (I don't have the exact syntax in front of me). I can [Quoted] add that line, but, to no avail. If I take a copy of the SQL script and run [Quoted] it under a SQL worksheet, it works.

Is there a problem with calling stored procedures from this job?

I have never tried to set up a job this way. Any suggestions about what I [Quoted] might be doing wrong? Another way of doing?

Thanks much,

Doug

dpeel_at_mindspring.com Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message