ProC/C++ 8.1 question....

From: Arne Styve <sty.tnt_at_c2i.net>
Date: 2000/05/02

Hi,

I've got the Oracle 8.0.5 server running on my PC under Windows NT Workstation v4.0. I installed ProC, and discovered during installation that the ProC was v8.1, and hence refused to install under the same catalog as the 8.0-installation.
We use Borland C++ Builder v4, and need to use ProC due to some legacy-code we are to integrate in our C++ project. The first time we tried this, it worked fine. I linked the libraries SQLLIB80.LIB and SQXLIB80.LIB that we had from the ProC v 8.0, and that where compiled for Borland Builder. The new version of ProC (v8.1) does not come with these files, and only has libraries for Microsoft Studio (as far as I've been able to find).

Well, to get to my problem, my program now crashes on the very first call to sqlcxt() which was inserted by the ProC precompiler. The message displayed is
"Project db_test.exe raised exception class EAcessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 1000C91E. Read of address 0000000C'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue".

Even a very short consol-program where I just logg on and off the database, is sufficient to crash the application.

When using SleuthQA, I get (among other things) an

API Failure:RegQueryValueExA:Error:The system cannot find the file specified

   kKey:44h
   lpValueName:ORA_NLS_PROFILE33
   lpReserved:0h
etc.

So my questions are as follows:

  1. What do I need to do to use the ProC v8.1 but keep on using the .LIB-files proveided for ProC8.0 and Borland ?
  2. If not possible to do 1), does ProC8.1 also come with libraries for Borland Builder ?
  3. Any explanation on whats is happening and/or why is appriciated.

Regards

Arne Styve Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message