Re: Webdb Error

From: Kari Pannila <Xkari.pannila_at_ougf.fi>
Date: 2000/05/02

Hi

Your rollback segments are offline...

Check the status ( and names) as a system user:

select segment_name,status from dba_rollback_segs;

SEGMENT_NAME                   STATUS
------------------------------ ----------------
SYSTEM                         ONLINE
ROLL                           OFFLINE
RS01                           ONLINE
RS02                           ONLINE
RS03                           ONLINE
RS04                           ONLINE
RS05                           ONLINE
RS06                           ONLINE

8 rows selected.

You should have your rollback segments defined in the init.ora parameter file:
 rollback_segments = (name1, name2)
otherwise they are not put online when you start the database.

regards
Kari

(Mr.) Kari Pannila
Oracle DBA (OCP)
TietoEnator Corp - Telecom

Delete X to get a correct mail address ( X is only for the SPAMMERS ).