Oracle/Developer installtion fails

From: Amir Syed <amir.syed_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 2000/04/30

Hi,

I am a newly minted Oracle Developer. I am having serious problems when trying to install Oracle Developer (I have tried Forms 4.5, 5 and 6) with Oracle7 or 8 database on my computer. I have tried both windows 95 and 98.

The database installs properly but when I try to install developer (any version), the installation fails. I get a fatal error message from Oracle installer as follows:

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"

If I install the Developer suite when the Database is not present, the installation works. But it always fails when I have try to install developer after the database has been installed.

My system pentium III system has 64 M of memory. Some one has told me that windows Filesystem has to be FAT16 for the installation to work. My system has FAT32.

I have even tried reformatting the hard drive. But that didn't do any good either.

Can someone out there help me please. I am really desperate. Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Apr 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message