Designer O8i installation troubles

From: (wrong string) é Paumard <Jose.Paumard_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 2000/04/28

Hello,
[Quoted] I know this looks like a FAQ, but I am having lots of trouble with this. I am trying to install Designer 6.0 on an Oracle 8i server on the same NT 4.0/SP5 machine. There is also Oracle Entreprise Manager 2.0 on this machine.
I installed Designer 6.0 on the machine, began the creation of a "new repository in an existing db", and got stuck at step 17, as when launching the repository manager, it fails to connect with two errors : ORA-12203 and ORA-12154.
[Quoted] The designers notes of Designer 6.0 states that one need to first install Designer 6.0 before Oracle 8i because it was designed to work against an Oracle 8.0 db, and there is a problem with the default home etc... Then I uninstalled Oracle 8i, and tried to re-install Designer. Btw, I did not find how to uninstall it using classical NT tools ? The choice I have is [Quoted] to install it with the default home of Oracle Entreprise Manager ... which seems strange to me.
So my question is : should I uninstall Oracle Entreprise Manager also, and should I install Oracle 8.0 to satisfy Designer ? Can I install Designer on [Quoted] a new machine, with no Oracle tool installed at all ? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as usual :) Jose Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message