WebDB>Forms>Hidden Fields

From: Desert Dweller <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

I have a form based on a procedure, and the procedure requires several parameters. I don't want the user to see *all* of those parameters on the form, though -- I would like two to be hidden.

I am calling the form from a report. I'd like to pass the two hidden parameters in from the report to the form, instead of their being visible on the form for user entry/update. When the user submits the form, I would like it to pass ALL the parameters (both visible and hidden) to the underlying procedure.

My report passes the parameters to the form just fine, and testing with everything visible works great. But when I set the "Display As" field to "Hidden" for my 2 invisible parameters, I'm encountering two problems:

  1. Visual: I get a "ghost" field showing up on my form. It is an "echo" of whatever visible field is closest to the hidden ones. If I put the hidden ones at the bottom of the list, the bottom of my form repeats the last visible field (without a label). If I put them at the top of the list, the form puts a copy of the first visible field (without a label) before it at the top. How can I get rid of this echo field?
  2. Functional: When the form is submitted it does NOT pass along the values for the two hidden parameters. Argh! Is there any way to make the fields hidden but still have them passed along as parameters to the procedure?

Thanks!
-Sandy Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message