Re: svrmgrl problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/04/27

ken <ck_lo_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 39094776.A0A1301A_at_hotmail.com...
> Hi all,
>
> After finished installation of oracle 8.0.5 without startup default
> database system, I login root account and use "svrmgrl" to connect
> oracle server, which request to enter password. And try system/manager,
> no success. But, when login oracle user, use "svrmgrl" to connect, which
> succeed in login.
> Anybody know this password?
>
> Regards,
> Ken

If you would have read the documentation you wouldn't have asked this question and definitely not in that many newsgroups. Please refrain from crossposting as much as possible, you are only wasting bandwith.

That said, if you didn't create a database, you can only connect using the internal user or use connect / as sysdba. _By design_ the OS user Oracle can login using internal without a password and all other users should use the password. Sounds logical, doesn't it? You shouldn't use the OS account root to do maintenance on an Oracle database and you definitely shouldn't use any account other than Oracle to start and stop the database. su-ing from root is easy enough.
That said, the password which you don't need, of the user internal is oracle.

Regards.

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Apr 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message