Installation Problem: Any Oracle 8 ODBC Driver on Windows98

From: Greg <avoiding_junk_at_mail.org>
Date: 2000/04/27

Whenever I attempt to install any of the Oracle 8 ODBC drivers from the Oracle WebSite, the Oracle Universal Installer reports a dependency error and does not allow me to continue.

The documentation says to ignore this warning, answer "yes" and continue, but the only option in the error window is to hit OK, which puts me in the previous state--I cannot get past this error like the documentation says.

The dependency reported is for

oracle.networking.netclt.8.1.5.0.0

I am using on the client:

Windows 98
OEM Client Software 2.0.4.0.0
Net8 Client 8.0.4.0.7A

This all seems to perform well and I can connect to databases.

I have attempted to install ODBC versions 8.1.5.5.0 and all previous versions.

Is the problem that I am using Windows 98? I am just testing here and eventually to install this on an NT 4.0 server for use of connecting Cold Fusion 4.0 with an Oracle 8i Database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I have exhausted my resources. Any suggestions or workarounds would be a big help.

Thanks,

GH Received on Thu Apr 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message