Re: backup question

From: John van der Steen <steenjoh_at_iquip.nl>
Date: 2000/04/27

Hi,

OEM does have a scheduling feature to export a database , you could also do this by running an export script from the crontab what probalbly is the best solution (no network traffic).

But you might want to think about offline or online backups. These are normally the most reliable backups. You also could take advantage of archiving in combination with full backups. If you do you are able to restore your complete database until the moment of failure. This can also be done if a disk crashes where no archive logs are stored tou'll be able to restore the complete database until the moment of crash. In case of an export you would have to go back to the last export. This might mean 24 hours back in time. I don't know if you or the end users would appreciate going back in time.

Greetings,

John
lkw <lkw_at_axiomatique.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 8e9588$fs6$1_at_newton3.pacific.net.sg...