Oracel 8i, 8.1.5 w/OEM 2.0.4 on a Win98 Box, is this possible

From: Gary M. Gealy <gsquared_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

Hello All,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have sucessfully installed and have my Personal Oracle 8i database running on a Win98 box
[Quoted] [Quoted] Now I would like to use the OEM software with it, but I am having trouble getting
the OEM Instance Manager to connect directly to the database. I am getting [Quoted] the following error

ORA-12154 TNS: could not resolve service name

This error is coming from the startup dialog box for the Instance Manager.

I guess my first question is: Is this a possible combination or do I need a Win NT
[Quoted] [Quoted] or different version of OEM to get access to the Personal Oracle database, or
does OEM just not work with Personal Oracle.

[Quoted] Some other notes:

1) I have used Net8 Assistant to setup a NetService name
2) I have sucessfully connected via the service name from Net8 and SqlPlus
3) OEM would not install in my Oracle 8i directory and wanted to use its own
[Quoted] dir, orawin95 is

[Quoted]     where it installed. Now I have 2 tnsnames files. I have added entries to make both the same

    and I think this may be part of the problem, Net8 is looking at the Oracle8i dir and OEM is

    looking at the orawin95 dir.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-GMG-

--

Gary Gealy

The next thing I say will be true.
The last thing I said was false. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message