Oracle Apps (HR/Fin) and automating user account creation

From: <jhl22_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

We're in the process of implementing Oracle HR and Finance. I've been given the reponsibility of creating user accounts for the users (yippee, joy, joy)

Every employee that joins the company will be entered into HR and will be assigned an employee id. This information will become part of the employee record, as I understand it (I'm new to database admin).

I'm wondering if there are *any* tools available to automate the creation of the user accounts with default access to the self-service applications? I will the add "responsibilities" to each user account as they are needed, based on job function.

I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction if this is not the forum I should be posting to. Thank you in advance.

By the way, would this best be done using a trigger if there isn't already a program to do this?

Regards,
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message