Re: How do I copy a database?

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

Also be careful of cross platform font differences.... We experienced problems going from Oracle on VAX to NT because import/export did not convert from Dec extended character set into standard NT extended character set....

Thus foreign language letters such as umlaut or diacriticals were completely wrong...

Our cludge solution was to display everything (only a few tables affected) through Reflections and capture it to disk on NT. This way, Reflections handled the internal character conversions and displayed correctly on NT. Then cludge load routines were developed to load the data in question to the NT tables. (OK for a one shot....but a better way would be required for a multi-use solution or day to day requirement).

Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
Brea, California

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message