Re: Reports Parameters

From: mgumbs <mgumbsNOmgSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/04/25

What Larry says is correct.
However, i have come across instances when passing a delimited string to Reports like

'A','B','C'

when it gets to the reports side, i ends up (if you are lucky) as

A','B',C

Also, there is a feature of calling reports from the command line where your parameters cannot contain spaces. I also experienced problems passing commas and quotes as well. I had to replace them with rogue characters from the forms end and decode them in the before_parameter_form trigger in reports!

If you do pass the parameter sucessfully, bear in mind that if you are trying to find values 'IN' your parameter in your query, you will have to use a lexical parameter as opposed to a bind parameter.

e.g work_code IN &p_work_code

and not

      work_code in :p_work_code

Phew!