Re: Procedure based block in Forms 6.0

From: Anthony Hegarty <ahegarty_at_eircom.net>
Date: 2000/04/24

[Quoted] Thanks for answering,

That's one way of doing it, but why in the example do Oracle show that you [Quoted] can pass a parameter to the procedure when it does nothing? You can see in [Quoted] the query-procedure trigger created by the form that it does pass in a parameter and I thought that this is based on the blocks query-data-source-arguments in the blocks properties. What are these for if [Quoted] not to pass parameters to the procedure ? Any ideas?

[Quoted] If I do it this way is the plsql block filled with all the details and then [Quoted] the form limits what is retrieved. If this is so, it won't be much good to [Quoted] me as the table I want to base this on will have millions of rows.

Anthony.

Anthony.
[Quoted] Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us> wrote in message news:BBYM4.72$Ad.17907_at_wdc-read-01.qwest.net...
> Use the WHERE Clause property on the block. You can hard-code it in the
> property sheet or change it dynamically with SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(...,
> DEFAULT_WHERE,...).
>
> "Anthony Hegarty" <ahegarty_at_eircom.net> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > I've been trying to use this function in a form and have used the
 example
> > for the oracle metalink site. It is based on the emp table. What I
 need