Re: Reports Parameters

From: Larry <lculver_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/24

Passing multiple vaules to a user parameter in report is something that I wish oracle would support. I am currently working with Reports 6.0 and OAS 4.0.8.1. So while HTML supports multiple values for a parameter, sadly neither OAS or reports has that capability.

No disrespect intended but I don't think Cyllan addressed your question. Your question was how to pass multiple values to a Reports user parameter. Cyllan example shows how to pass a multi-word value to a single user parameter.

The command line interface for reports would be rwrun60.exe. If you are using the reports server then use rwcli60.exe You can find the syntax for these in the report builder help topics. Go to Index and start typing rw... and you will find all the gory details.

Be aware of the command line lenght limitation of your OS. You may not be able to create a command longer than 132 or 256 characters. If this is a problem then you may want to use a command file. You can place all your report parameters in an ascii file and pass the file name to rwrun60.exe or rwcli60.exe using the CMDFILE parameter.

Now as for multiple values to a single user parameter the work around that I am currently using is to create a comma delimited list of values. this list can be used in a IN (...) clause or if you need to display the values seperatly you can parse the list in you afterpform trigger.

Good luck,

Larry

In article <QS5M4.3051$9A6.21768_at_typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>,   "Cyllan" <seitz_at_pobox.com> wrote:
> If you are using the CLI tool, just spaces. If you are using OAS
 then a +
> between parameters.
>
> example
>
> http://www.rr.com/rwows?report=john.rdf+mywhere=where%20name%20like%
 20'john'
> +desformat=pdf
>
> Don't worry this is not a real link.
>
> "Simon Greenwood" <sgreenwo_at_guidant.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to pass multiple values to a user parameter in
> > Oracle reports. And on the command line.
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message