System Commands on External proc and DLL.

From: Raj <rajarulmani_at_att.com>
Date: 2000/04/23

Hello,
 I have problem with external procedure calling DLL in Oracle 8.0.5 .

DLL has a function which execute a application and thus create a log file and the messages . Since the application is triggered by oracle ( external procedure ) it uses DBA as effective used id . When i create a file using "fopen" it creates perfectly fine, at the same time the application is unable to create a log file .

Starnge thing is "sprintf" works fine and not "stncpy". "system" is successful but no action means "system" executed successfully with out the actual command executes in the shell.

Can any one tell me how can i fix this problem ?. I suspect

  1. some of the DLL options are not used. "cc -G -dy" is the oprtion i have used .
  2. File permissions from Oracle like UTL_FILE entry needs to be changed .

If any one has done the external proc with DLL please send me the options and the steps .

Thanks in advance for responding.

Raj. Received on Sun Apr 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message