Re: oracle reports

From: bob sullivan <bsullivn_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/04/23

This isn't the most elegant solution, but it's one I've had to use before, so I'll offer it up...

Oh, and I'm assuming you're running Win95 or NT...

First, copy the correct tnsnames.ora file to someplace safe. You'll need it later.

You can delete the ORAWIN and/or ORAWIN95 directories from your PC, use regedit to go into the registry and delete every Oracle software key. Reboot your machine, reinstall the desired Dev/2000 and other Oracle programs. Move the tnsnames.ora file to your newly-created \ORAWIN95\NETWORK\ADMIN (for Win95) or \ORANT\NETWORK\ADMIN (for NT) directory. Try a tnsping <instance_name> to make sure you can see the desired instance...

Hope this helps,
bob