Re: Forms:Is This Possible??

From: Christoph Wagner <christoph.wagner_at_gamed.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:44:54 +0100

You can take advantage of the WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLECLICK Trigger. If the user selects an item and does a double click you're able to open the detail form and passing the aelected value as a parameter.

Try it like this:
WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLECLICK trigger attached to your ITEM

DECLARE

pl_id                 ParamList;
value                 type_of_your_item;
BEGIN
 value := NAME_IN(:SYSTEM.CURSOR_ITEM) ; -- this is the value of the selected item

   pl_id:=get_parameter_list('p_details');

   IF NOT ID_NULL(pl_id) THEN

          DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST(pl_id);    END IF;    pl_id:=CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST('p_details');    ADD_PARAMETER(pl_id,<Parameter_name>,TEXT_PARAMETER,value);

OPEN_FORM(<detail_form>,ACTIVATE,SESSION,pl_id);

  • Forms never reaches code below this line (except the EXCEPTION)

EXCEPTION WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
message('No details available !');
END; Remember that the <Parameter_Name> must be definde in the Form you are calling.

In the Detail form you can Perform a query or something else pending on your parameter !!

hth christoph

<sboucher_at_my-deja.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 8dkaga$d7s$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...