Re: Suppressing parameter form in Reports

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:53:21 GMT

Kyriakos,

I have this vague memory that I tried
parameter_form = NO and still got a parameter form, so I don't know if Larry's way will work. Here is how I solved it...
My case is like yours, I always would run the report with a parameter list, therefore did not want any parameter form showing.
All through testing, I would let the form show Then for the last step, I would go to the parameter form display, then right click and go to the Parameter Form parameters list and Un-highlight all parameters. This would create a new parameter form with only boilerplate text for the title. I would delete this text, leaving a completely blank parameter form.
Then, it would never show the form in runtime.

(Obviously, this would not work in a case where you wanted to run the report BOTH ways, with parameters and without-to ask the user)

Good luck,
Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 22:53:21 CEST

Original text of this message