Re: tcl/tk for Oracle

From: Marty Grinstead <MGrinstead_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:06:04 -0400

The Intelligent Agent is only used by Oracle Enterprise Manager, and is not GUI. I don't think you have to install Tcl. The Oracle provides the correct version with the agent installation (I think). ORATCLSH is the command utility that can be used to verify the Tcl you may write is functioning correctly.

OEM uses distributed tcl files for the agent in most cases, and generates some tcl on the fly. There is also a mechanism for sending Tcl jobs from the console to the agent if that is desired.