Req help: Oracle 8.0.5 Server Edition and RedHat Linux 6.1, creating a new SID

From: Bruce <bey_at_3eg.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:36:35 -0400

Hi,

[Quoted] I was wondering if somebody can tell me how to create a new SID for a new [Quoted] Database in Linux using RedHat 6.1 and Oracle 8.0.5 Server Edition. In NT it [Quoted] is easy, but in Linux I am not certain how to do it. I was able to create a [Quoted] new database beside the default database, but the big question is how to [Quoted] connect to that database without the SID.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 17:36:35 CEST

Original text of this message