Re: Password Username

From: SKurosky <skurosky_at_aol.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2000 17:39:46 GMT

>ASAF WROTE:

>I just installed Developer 6.0 (trial version) on my 98 machine. I am
>completely novice in Oracle. When I click on SQL PLUS , it asks for username
>,password and host string. What are these ? I don't think during setup I
>entered any password. I have installed on my local machine ( not on
>network). Is anyone has some idea ?
>When I try to use Form Builder and choose to create form by " use the data
>block ", it asks for Table or view when I click to Browse
>It asks for username password as well as database . How can I know these
>passwords and usernames .Please help?????
>

>Hi
Didn't you get any documentation with the product? Also, did you set up your LISTENER, which is required for Developer to function? If not, go to Try&Buy Support (I think it's called OracleInstall) and look for a white paper "Connecting SQL*NET tools to an Oracle 8 Database". Ask support if this paper applies to Developer 6. If you can't find it, email me and I will send you what I have. BTW, trial version is their standard product. It is not limited in any way.
Hth
Sandy