Re: Memory leak with PRO*C

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 00:42:50 GMT

Hi,

I also have seen memory leaks when running Pro*C binaries. In my case, the Platform/OS was Sequent Dynix/ptx. Bottom line, since you don't have source code to the Oracle tools or libraries, there is very little (nothing) you can do. The memory leaks I discovered were pretty minor. Is the leak you discovered severe? You could report to Oracle, open a TAR, and if you convince your support tech that it's a real issue, Oracle might even assign a bug number! ;-) But don't hold your breath waiting for a fix...;-)

-Mark