Re: WEBDB wants SYS password and TNS alias

From: Adam <adam3000_at_my.netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:20:16 +0800

Hi guys,

I experianced the same problem too.

When I try to use the SQL plus to test login the Oracle server w/ the sys account, it return an error message something like 'Max Role of SYS account exceeded......'

This limit is related to a default value of a system parameter

MAX_ENABLED_ROLES = 20 you may change this value to something >20, by adding this statement to the 'INIT.ORA' file of your own DB.

The file is located in 'C:\Oracle\admin\[yourdb]\pfile', please backup the old one before editing.

I can successfully overcome this blocking with this.

regards...............adam