What is the best way to pass information between MS SQL 6.5 and Oracle 8

From: Bill Thomas <bthomas_at_tca.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:08:30 -0500

I am needing to pass some customer information between oracle and MSSQL both ways. I am currently trying to write an application in VB 6.0 for this but I am having some problems with the connection to the oracle server. I am trying to use the ODBC drivers for a "DNS-less" connection but it fails to connect to Oracle. Microsoft has a knowledge base article on it (Q166392). I keep having problems without setting up the EZSQL. Any suggestions?? The information I am trying to pass is standard customer information (LastName, FirstName, etc.) using an unbound form. I am pulling the information from views on the servers.

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Received on Fri Apr 14 2000 - 22:08:30 CEST

Original text of this message