Passing Column Name to a SQL Statement

From: <tkowalsky_at_gwu-financials.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 03:39:57 GMT

Could someone help? I am trying to write a PL/SQL package in the following format. There is a text box where a user can specify a value. Next to it, there is a LOV, and each value is the name of a column on the table which the statement pulls information from. I am trying to pass a column name to the SQL statement, as well as the value to be searched for. The statement compiles in the database, but there is no value being pulled out (I know the number I am testing with exists in the DB). Could someone shed some light on this by chance? I would appreciate it! Thank you...

Ted

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 14 2000 - 05:39:57 CEST

Original text of this message