ORAINST Problems w/ NT SP6?!?

From: (wrong string) ™ <coreymj_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:09:44 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm trying to install Oracle Client Software Release 7.3.3.0.0 on Windows NT(SP5+6). Every time I try to install, I get an error from Dr. Watson about ORAINST.exe: Exception: access violation. The event logs generated is: "The Open Procedure for
service "{ISAPISearch|ContentIndex|ContentFilter}" in DLL "QPERF.dll" Failed." I can install it fine on a NT machine w/SP4-. Has anyone else had problems with ORAINST.exe? I also tried with about the same success to intall OEMver2.0.4, but can't use ORAINST.exe to unistall the old files so that I can install the new ones. Help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 13 2000 - 19:09:44 CEST

Original text of this message