Re: WEBDB wants SYS password and TNS alias

From: Kari Pannila <Xkartsa_at_ougf.fi>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:47:42 +0300

Jim Lewis wrote:

> In either case the WebDB install coughs up the "either invalid SYS
> password or invalid TNS alias" error. By the way, I am sure I'm
> typing in the correct SYS password. I've been very careful about
> that.

Hi

[Quoted] Try again after you have defined unix variable TNS_ADMIN to point to the directory where tnsnames.ora is.

[Quoted] For instance: TNS_ADMIN=/usr/oracle/8.5/network/admin

regards Kari

--
[Quoted]  (Mr.) Kari Pannila
 Oracle DBA (OCP)

PS. Delete X from my mail address , it (X) is only for SPAMMERS.
    Poista X mail-osoitteen edestä, se on SPAMmereita varten.