URGENT HELP NEEDED: NT SQLLDR Problem

From: Ray Porter <ray_porter_at_unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:23:49 -0400

We are in the process of migrating several applications from Sybase to Oracle and I've run into a real snag. I'm attempting to load a small table with data downloaded from the mainframe using sqlldr (Oracle 8.1.5, NT 4 sp5). I get the following error message every time I try and load the table:

SQL*Loader: Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production on Wed Apr 12 15:22:22 2000 (c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. SQL*Loader-524: partial record found at end of datafile D:\ORACLESQL\SQLLOADER\CAREER.CTL) I have lots of experience with Sybase and bcp but Oracle and sqlldr are new to me. This same data loads into Sybase without any problems at all. So far at least, our Data Management Team has no idea what the problem is but most of their experience is with IDMS on the mainframe. I've attached my control, log and data files to this message. The data contains a tab character in position 4 but I've allowed for that as per the sqlldr documentation. Here's the record layout:

Career-code         positions 1-3
tab character         position  4
description            positions 5-44

This project is on a fairly tight deadline and it is critical that I get some test data loaded this week if at all possible.

Thanks,

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH Phone: 966-5878
email: ray_porter_at_unc.edu

       dragon_at_email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup." Received on Thu Apr 13 2000 - 14:23:49 CEST

Original text of this message