Finding out how much space is allocated to a table

From: mandrake <conran.john.j_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:49:30 +1000

I am a bit of a novice at this DBA stuff so bear with me.

I have an Oracle 8.0.4.2 database running on AIX.

I need to find out how much space is allocated to each row of my tables, and the total space used by each table. The tables I have are using object types which get stored out of line in LOB segments.

My database has grown to its maximum size (based on physical storage available) and I have had to deleted some of the oldest data in order to continue to record the latest data.

I am seeking an sql query to provide this information so I can run a monitor script on a daily basis.

Anybody have a script that I could use?

TIA
mandrake
John Conran
Senior Development Officer - Computer Systems 3500mm Plate Mill
BHP Steel

"When all you have is a hammer - all problems will look like nails."