Re: Developer 2000

From: Jason Pepper <jpepper_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:01:27 +0100

Actually, for 6i the names have changed again.

The products are no longer called Oracle Developer, nor are they sold singularly

The names are as follows

Oracle Forms Builder
Oracle Forms Server
Oracle Reports Builder
Oracle Reports Server

Graphics is shipped with each of the products.

Currently as we speak, these products are differentiated in name, the only way to order them is via a Tools CD Pack.

--
Regards

Jason

__

  Jason Pepper - Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management
__

"Brian W. Chester" <bwchester_at_home.com> wrote in message

> Oracle Developer 2000 has been renamed to Oracle Developer. The 2000 has
> been dropped. The current version is 6.0 with 6i soon to be released.
>
> Developer is a Rapid Application Development (RAD) environment which has
> been around for quite a long time and is available of many platforms. It
is
> an extremely good product but consisting of three main tools: Forms,
> Reports, Graphics. The applications designed with the design tools
require
> a runtime product and currently can not be compiled into an executable. A
> server engine is available which allows the applications you create to be
> run using a thin client over the web.
>
> Developer is not the easiest set of tools to learn but with some solid
> investment in time and few select courses, you can become quite proficient
> and produce excellent applications.
>
> You can download a fully functional version of developer from
> http://technet.oracle.com . Membership in technet is free. I would
> recommend a subscription to one of the technology tracks. The will give
you
> the benefit of receiving regular CD updates of the products.
>
> The software provided on technet has a development only license. This
> license gives you the permission to learn the products by producing
> applications and databases, but prohibits you from using any of the
> developed applications in production until a product license has been
> purchased for the each product to be used. So download or buy the CDs but
> be prepared to dishout thousands for the production licenses. Oracle is
not
> cheap!
>
> HTH
>
> Brian
>
> <asaf_at_concentric.net> wrote in message
> > Hi folks,
> > I was wondering that anyone could tell me what is Developer 2000?
> > What it does ? What is the latest version ? What's its official name ?
CAn