Re: Returning multiple records with Oracle OCI.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:49:05 +0200

[Quoted] Vipul Lakhani <vipul_at_dircon.co.uk> schreef in berichtnieuws 2dpI4.1412$VZ6.210072_at_news.dircon.co.uk...
> Returning Data multiple data with Oracle OCI.
>
> I am using Oracle OCI to call a stored procedure. The stored proc has
> 'select * from emp'. How can I return this dataset to the calling
function.
> I need an example and a clean way of doing it. There is a way in the
Oracle
> manuals but it does not seem clean at all. Did anyone get it to work.
>
> Server : Solaris 2.6 Oracle 8.1.5
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Vipul

This question is asked and answered several times a week. This is getting a [Quoted] bit annoying. For resultsets in pl/sql refer to

- the pl/sql docs
- the book of Steve Feuerstein on PL/SQL
- http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ResultSets/index.html

Please search this newsgroups archives at www.deja.com before you start posting what has already been answered.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Apr 10 2000 - 20:49:05 CEST

Original text of this message