utl_http.request problem

From: Boon <bhtan_at_pop.jaring.my>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:52:06 +0800

I am using Oracle 8 on NT. I was trying out the "select utl_http.request(url) from dual;" using SQL worksheet. I notice that on some internet urls the response is almost instantaneous and on some other internet urls the response is consistently very slow (you get reply but after a few minutes).

I decided to test out on some of our intranet web servers. Found that requesting pages from Win 95 personal server is consistently instantaneous and requesting pages from Win 98 personal server (IIS 4) and Win NT web server (IIS 4) is consistently very very slow.

Could someone kindly explain why. Thanks. Received on Fri Apr 07 2000 - 16:52:06 CEST

Original text of this message