external procedures

From: Tim McClelland <cst97042_at_camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 06:17:00 GMT

Hi, I'm running Oracle 8i on NT. I had the system configured to run external procedures, but after a recent system crash it's giving me the following error when I test EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA through net8 easy config:

ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process

I find the same error in listener.log after trying to create an intermedia text index.

Here's my setup...

listener.ora:

LISTENER =
    (DESCRIPTION_LIST =

        (DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
(PROTOCOL_STACK = (PRESENTATION = TTC)(SESSION = NS))
) ...

    )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
    (SID_LIST =

        (SID_DESC =

(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\Oracle\OraHome)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
) ...

    )

tnsnames.ora:

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
    (DESCRIPTION =

         (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(Key = EXTPROC0))
         (CONNECT_DATA =
             (SID = PLSExtProc)
             (ORACLE_HOME = D:\Oracle\OraHome)
         )

    )

Tim Received on Fri Apr 07 2000 - 08:17:00 CEST

Original text of this message