Re: Installing ORACLE Reports Thin Client with 8i

From: Jason Pepper <jpepper_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:07:58 +0100

8i needs to be in a home on it's own.

Reports and WebDB still use the older installer technology and therefore expect to be installed in DEFAULT_HOME, but they don't play well with 8i as they use older RSF files etc.

WebDB 3.0 does not have this restriction, in future releases of reports, this restriction will be removed too.

I would install 8i in it's own home, then install Reports and WebDB into the DEFAULT_HOME

--
Regards

Jason

__

  Jason Pepper - Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management
__