8.0 to 8.1 Connection

From: JACK LUNDIN <jack_lundin_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:47:05 +0200

Hello.

[Quoted] I have a problem in Win NT to connect between a oracle 8.1.5 database from a [Quoted] developer 8.0.5 version (fetched from technet) I have installed all the software (in different oraclehomes) without problems, I've created a database in oracle 8.1 and it works with all clienttools eg sqlplus, svrmgrl etc. from oraclehome 8.1, but, it doesn't work at all when I use 8.0.5 tolls like plus80 etc. I have copied tnsnames.ora from 8.1/network to 8.0/net80 admin directory. tnsping work for 8.1 but not for 8.0.
Is there some restrictions in connecting on WinNT between two versions of oracle?
I don't know what to do in this situation, please help.... anyone...

thanks in advance

    Jack Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 22:47:05 CEST

Original text of this message