Re: ****capture servermodel****

From: <gregkeller9171_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 18:13:20 GMT

This is a classic problem of database versus database design comparison and synchronization. This entire problem and others related to 'Change Management' are very easily solved through a few of our company's product...namely ER/Studio, a much easier to understand a productive environment vis a vis Oracle Designer which emphasizes stringent data model and database comparisons and synchronizations (bi-directionally) without the need for re-building applications. Appropriate ALTER SQL Will be generated from model to database, or objects and their definitions will be added to the model if they have been build on the database first.

In addition, we offer a utility which works hand-in-hand with ER/Studio and helps manage the whole process of application-schema change. It is DBArtisan Change Manager. This will also help you significantly in managing the process outlined below.

Bets of all...all of these products are extremely deep on Oracle (7.3x through 8.i) but are completely cross platform. This will help you develop expertise not only for Oracle, but for SQL Server, Sybase and IBM's DB2 UDB.

Here's the link if you are interested. We'd love to be able to help you be more productive with respect to the problem you state in your original message: http://www.embarcadero.com

Regards,
Greg Keller
Product Manager-ER/Studio
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

In article <HuvddcJl$GA.287_at_fnews1.vi-internet.de>,   "stevie" <sluetge_at_siliconplanet.de> wrote:
> I am not sure if I understood your question, but it seems you have to
> re-capture the design. Designer2k adds the tables not yet included to
the
> D2k repository and also modifies the definitions of tables already
> exisiting.
> If you want to preserve your current data defnitions in D2k, create a
new
> version of the application, and make the modifications on the new
> application.
> hth
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Stefan Lütge
> Geschäftsführer
> Silicon Planet GmbH
> Behringstr. 28a
> 22765 Hamburg
> www.siliconplanet.de
>
> dhruba <tapashc_at_my-deja.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> 8bas9b$5tm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > I have oracle 8.1.5 server running in NT4, oem and Designer2000(6)
are
> > also on the same machine.I am facing a
> > problem with the designer
> >
> > 1.. Design editor -server model-
> > schema1
> > relational table definition(53 tables),
> >

> > 2.. Design editor
> > module application
> > server model
> > realtional tablr definition(53 tables),
> >
> > 3.. Design editor
> > db admin
> > appl1
> > Database(oracle)
> > schema1
> > user
> > user1
> > schema object
> > table implementation(53 tables)
> >

> > My question is
> > in this setup I have added some more table in the database
> > in the same schema and those tables are not reflecting in the
> > above utility but oracle enterprise manager(schema manager)
> > showing all the tables present in that schema.
> >
> > any help will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > RC
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 20:13:20 CEST

Original text of this message