umlaut prob

From: Stefan <stefanp_at_mediaaktiv.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:58:08 +0200

Hi ,

[Quoted] I've got a problem with the German "umlaute". We use the server manager in line mode to fill the DB. As soon as we are using german umlauts the umlauts are substituted by another charakter. We tried setting NLS_language and NLS_territory. We also tried importing the commands from a file.
The umlauts are shown correctly while typing, but they are definately not written in the DB correctly.
The DB is on a remote system, that we don't have direct access. The system we use:
SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.5.0.0 - Production Oracle 8.0.5

thanks in advance
Stefan Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 19:58:08 CEST

Original text of this message