SES-04000 error. What is the reason?

From: Gunther Maier <gunther.maier_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 21:04:48 +0200

Dear colleagues,
I have a small application written in Oracle Power Objects 2.0 that uses data on our Oracle 7.3 server. I am using this for a while now without problems. I friend, however, had the application running for weeks but now gets the following error when he starts up the application:

    SES 04000:Invalid or missing database driver ID for Session "apollo"

He claims that nothing has changed in his configuration. The application works without problems on other machines. To target my debugging efforts, I would like to know what this error message means. Can anyone give me some hints? What type of problem/misspecification can cause this error message? I have checked the SQL-Net configuration, it seems to be OK.

Any help is appreciated. The Oracle webpage does not provide any meaningful information (maybe, I have not found it).

Gunther Maier
(gunther.maier_at_wu-wien.ac.at) Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 21:04:48 CEST

Original text of this message