Re: ORACLE TCP port usage

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:50:35 +0100

[Quoted] IIRC and it has been a long day

1521 (and maybe 1526) are required for the listener to receive requests for [Quoted] a connection from a client. the actual connection is then handed off to a [Quoted] free tcp port. To use thru a firewall i believe you need to look at using [Quoted] connection manager. Otherwise it might be worth sqlplussing to internet databases with system/manager to see what people are exposing!

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA