Dev6 deployment: appletviewer or static html

From: Markus Janscha <markus_at_janscha.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:36:46 +0100

I have been looking at an Dev6 application using both appletviewer and static html deployment.

Oracle recommends static and cartridge html files over appletviewer why?

I found that using IE or Netscape the form looked like a picture badly pasted into the browser window with ugly edges. Also, the form did not re-draw correctly when a user moved the browser scroll-bar?? Is this standard functionality or did I overlook something with the configuration?

Can someone please tell me why it is better to install a base html file rather than the appletviewer.

Thanks

Markus Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 15:36:46 CEST

Original text of this message