?DBMS_PIPE - Unix Deamons

From: <NeedaHoliday>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 15:43:26 -0400

Scenerio: I want to run a batch job through the listeners. The batch job calls another job that I want to run at the same time.

When using the DBMS_PIPE.SEND_MESSAGE ('MSG', 'POLL_INVOICE) to call the first job, everything executes properly. When I reach the point to send another message to start the second job, it is queued up and waits until the first job has completed.

I have one listeners running on the Unix box

        POLL_INVOICE My understanding was the listener waited for messages and once received, action the message.

Do I need to create another listener for the subsequent job in order for it to run simutaneously. Both job use the same criteria;

DBMS_PIPE.SEND_MESSAGE ('MSG', 'POLL_INVOICE') The only difference is the MSG being passed.

If you need more information, Please contact me at

REMOVEjames.stewart_at_pwgsc.gc.ca

Please omit REMOVE to email.

Thanks.                  Received on Mon Apr 03 2000 - 21:43:26 CEST

Original text of this message